So long, Savannah!
The GEAC Annual Conference presented by Mauldin & Jenkins and SunTrust returned to Savannah in 2016, and once again the historic port city proved to be an ideal place for Georgia’s higher education advancement community to “bridge ideas into action.”
More than 150 advancement professionals representing Georgia’s public and private colleges and universities as well as the state’s technical college system gathered Nov. 16-18 at the Hilton Savannah Desoto, connecting and – In many cases – rekindling old friendships while filling their toolboxes with useful tips in the areas of Advancement Services, Development, Alumni Relations and Marketing and Communications. Tim Earley, the CEO of Make-A-Wish Georgia, and David Snell, president of the Fuller Center for Housing, served as the conference keynote speakers.
Highlighting the event, as always, was the presentation of the annual GEAC Awards. the 2016 winners included:
• Outstanding Newcomer Award: Katelyn Moore, East Georgia State College
• Educational Fundraising: Elizabeth Hines, Georgia College
• Communications/Marketing: Kate Maine, University of North Georgia
• Advancement Services: Karen Eggers, Gwinnett Technical College
• Institutional Excellence: Georgia Highlands College
• Mauldin and Jenkin and SunTrust, presenting sponsors
• Nationwide Insurance, opening reception sponsor
• iModules and Wilson-Bennett Technology, keynote sponsors
• Synovus, awards dinner sponsor
In November 2017, we will return to traditional mountain location, Brasstown Valley Resort. If you have questions or would like assist with planning, please contact Conference Chair Spence Sealy at email@example.com.